Assistant coach: Varsity Track and Field
University Liggett School seeks an assistant coach for the varsity track and field team. The position is for the 2019 spring sports season which begins on March 11. Practices are daily at 3:30 p.m.
Knowledge of long jump, high jump, and/or sprint events is preferred. Collegiate track and field experience and/or prior coaching experience at any level is preferred.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate a passion for the sport of track and field and for working with adolescents. Attention to detail, a sense of humor, patience, flexibility, and excellent oral and written skills are a must.
At University Liggett School we take a whole school approach to athletics. Assistant coaches are seen as an integral part of the team and help develop and implement sport specific curriculum that is age and ability appropriate. Assistant coaches will work with the varsity head coach to institute a cohesive program.
Additional assistant coach expectations are as follows:
- Assistant coaches are expected to help plan and execute daily practices that appropriately challenge the student athletes to help them achieve their potential.
- Teach fundamentals, rules, techniques, and advanced strategies with a positive, energetic, and constructive approach.
- Coaches are expected to plan and foster the development of students as athletes and human beings.
- Assist the head coach to ensure administrative coaching duties are completed.
- Communicate often and consistently with players, parents and school administration.
- Be a positive role model.
To apply please contact Director of Athletics Alan Parish: email@example.com