Head Coach: Girls’ Ice Hockey
University Liggett School seeks a head coach for the girls’ high school ice hockey program. The position is for the 2019-2020 winter sports season. Prior coaching experience and/or high-level playing experience is required.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate a passion for working with young people and for the sport of ice hockey. Attention to detail, a sense of humor, patience, flexibility, and excellent oral and written skills are a must.
At University Liggett School, we take a whole school approach to athletics. Therefore, coaches are responsible for developing and implementing sport specific curriculum that is age and ability appropriate. All lower age group coaches and assistant coaches will coordinate with the varsity head coach in order to institute a cohesive program.
Additional expectations are as follows:
- Varsity head coaches are expected to plan and execute daily practices that appropriately challenge student athletes in order to help them achieve their potential.
- Teach fundamentals, rules, techniques, and advanced strategies with a positive, energetic, and constructive approach.
- Varsity head coaches are expected to plan and foster the development of students as athletes and human beings.
- Ensure administrative coaching duties are completed.
- Communicate often and consistently with players, parents and school administration.
- Assist athletes who wish to play at the next level.
- Be a positive role model.
- Strengthen and grow the University Liggett School athletic program.
- Assist with non-league scheduling.
- Develop an off-season training regimen.
If interested, submit a cover letter and resume to Alan Parish, Director of Athletics at email@example.com