Boys’ and Girls’ High School Assistant Cross Country Coach
University Liggett School seeks an assistant boys’ and girls’ high school cross country coach. The position is for the 2019 fall season, which runs from August 12 to November 2. Prior coaching experience or high-level competitive running experience is preferred.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate a passion for working with young people and for the sport of cross country. Attention to detail, a sense of humor, patience, flexibility, and excellent oral and written skills are a must.
Additional expectations are as follows:
- Assistant coaches are expected to collaborate with the head coach to plan and execute daily practices that appropriately challenge student athletes in order to help them achieve their potential.
- Plan and foster the development of students as athletes and human beings.
- Ensure administrative coaching duties are completed.
- Communicate often and consistently with players and parents.
- Assist athletes who wish to play at the next level.
- Be a positive role model.
- Strengthen and grow the University Liggett School athletic program.
If interested, submit a letter of interest and resume to Alan Parish, Director of Athletics at email@example.com