WHAT MAKES LIGGETT MIDDLE SCHOOL DIFFERENT?
Liggett’s small classes, collaborative learning environment and signature programs create unique leadership experiences for students to learn and grow, developing the skills they need to thrive in high school and beyond.
Students gain valuable leadership skills in these programs:
- Advisory program: Students meet for 25 minutes each day in small, same-gender groups with their advisor where they can share what is on their minds — whether it is coursework and assignments, or the unique social and emotional aspects of middle school.
- Morning meeting: Every day begins with Morning Meeting, a student-led gathering that includes announcements, performances, videos and student achievements are celebrated. Each advisory takes turns leading the meeting.
- Student-led conferences: Students take an in-depth look at themselves, which requires intense preparation, thought and reflection, and they share those thoughts and self-reflection during a presentation to their parents and advisor.
- No-cut sports policy: Middle School students can participate in the sport of their choice with our no-cut policy, finding their interests and passions on and the off the field and they gain confidence and self-esteem.
- Experiential Learning: 6th grade trip to Pleasant Lake, 7th grade trip to Walled Lake, 8th grade trip to Chicago