A strong partnership between school and home is critical to the individual success of each student at Liggett. Our partnership with our dedicated, involved and supportive parents is strong and has been in place from the very beginning.
Our strong partnership with parents is so much more than just money and volunteer time. It is our educational partnership that results in our students becoming successful Upper School and college students.
We have established programs and practices that enhance parent involvement and reflect the needs of our students and their families. We maintain our strong parent/school partnership with:
- An active Parents Association that meets monthly during the school year
- Our Advisory program is specifically designed to keep our parents informed about their student's progress
- Parent/teacher conferences available at any time
- Classrooms open to parent visits
- Volunteer opportunities in classrooms, school libraries and other groups that support the day-to-day activities of the school
- The Liggett annual report that is available in the fall of each school year
- Presentations by the administrative leaders that are related to the philosophies and methods utilized at Liggett
- School events and activities involve students, parents and familiesA family handbook that is distributed to all families
- A weekly enewsletter that details current happenings and information about how to be involved and how to support their students